Do you need to hire a professional movers from your move or should you pack your things on your own for a relocation?
One of the many benefits of hiring a professional movers is that you can have someone else do all the packing for you. Even tough there are few different types of moving choices (ones where we do the packing, ones where you do the packing, a mix between the two), many families choose to rely on professionals in order to do as little of the physical labor as possible. While this is a more expensive option than taking care of all the boxing up yourself, there are many different benefits.
Here are 6 questions to ask yourself to help you choose.
- How much time do you have to prepare for the move? – One of the biggest advantages of having professional movers pack is time management. Not only will they take over the hassle of packing for you, but the teamwork approach means everything is done for the fraction of the time it takes the average family.
- Do you have easily damaged items to move? Flat-screen televisions, family heirlooms, boxes of breakables, oversized paintings…these things tend to be more valuable and difficult to protect if packed by you. The movers have been trained and have access to special boxes and materials to add a layer of protection.
- Do you have kids/pets to worry about? Families have a harder time of moving if there are young children or four-legged family running around, it might be best to leave the packing to the professionals so you can focus on caring for your loved ones.
- Do you have any limitations to what you can do? Moving is a stressful venture—both emotionally and physically. Don’t forget that you’ll also be doing quite a bit of unpacking, rearranging, and settling in once you get to your new home.
- Do you know the ins and outs of packing china? Paintings and work of art? Different effects require different types of wrapping and packing materials. Don’t damage your effects by wrapping them in the inappropriate material, which can trap moisture or be easily undone during the move. A professional mover will know exactly how to pack the effects safely.
- What’s the weather like? This might seem like a silly question, but with great importance. If you live somewhere extremely hot, you can overexert yourself trying to pack everything. The same is true if you live somewhere humid or cold. The movers, not only do they come prepared for the weather, but they can take measures so that the your belongings are safety protected.
If you’ve come far enough in your life – career, family to not have to handle every aspect of your move on your own, we recommend you consider hiring a professional removal company. Not only can we pack your home quickly and efficiently, but we can provide an extra layer of security.